The Order of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of Time

Even magic can't fight every loophole in time...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to Do Next

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Merlin Ambrosius
Admin

What to Do Next Empty
PostSubject: What to Do Next   What to Do Next Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:16 am

Hi again!

If you're new to RPGing, these are some hopefully helpful instructions to guide you through what to do next. We all know from experience that it's really confusing when you're asked to do all sorts before your character can be approved and start posting, so we thought we'd put some helpful hints up for you (these might not be very helpful at all but we'll try!). Very Happy

Getting Going

1. First things first. So you've joined! Hi! First of all, make sure that your username is your character's name if you haven't already. Here you can use spaces in your username, unlike some other sites, so there is no need to use and underscore or full stop to separate your character's first and last names, merely a space. Okay, that didn't really make sense, so here's an example:

Rather than roxanne.weasley or roxanne_weasley, you can just register as Roxanne Weasley.

If you have already signed up as xxDemonLoverxx or fred_nubbins, no worries! Just click on the tab at the top saying "Profile" and then under that you can change it in the username box to "Fred Nubbins", for instance. Then make sure you save changes and all is good.

Got it? Okay!

2. Okay, next things next. You've probably seen from the instructions that you need to make a profile. Now, don't worry about this, it's a lot simpler than it sounds! Everyone hates writing profiles but they're a big help because they basically help you to get a rough outline of what your character is going to be like. You can find the profile section here (go on, click it! You know you want to Razz). Pick which kind of character you want to make and then copy the profile template. Then go over to the Sorting Hat (here) and make a new topic, putting your character's name as a title. One of the many admins will approve it and move it into the other profile section. If there's something that needs tweaking, we will owl you, but don't worry if there is. I make stupid mistakes in profiles that people point out to me all the time. Razz

3. Alright! That's the hardest part done and sorted. Now for the fun bit. You don't necessarily have to do this now, you could have done it before or you could decide later. But this is what we like to call the celeb claims. Just to make it a bit more fun when you post, you can pick a celeb to represent your character's appearance, for instance if your character is a girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes, you might want to claim Amber Heard. So, Marlene McKinnon would reply to the post saying "Can I claim Amber Heard please?" and another admin would then say "Why yes, of course you can!" Pretty simple, yeah? So, just choose who you want to represent you and "be your face", check against the claims list (which can be found here)to see if they're there (it's in alphabetical order but otherwise just use Ctrl+F to find them) and then if they're free, ask and we'll add you to the list! Got it? Awesome.

Once your profile has been approved and you feel happy, then you can start posting! Very Happy

Okay, I think those are the main things, so here are some other cool things you might want to do.

Cool Stuff

1. Come on the chatbox! The chatbox is the one at the bottom of the homepage. Okay, so the next thing sounds really stupid but I'm going to tell you it anyway because I had absolutely no idea how to log onto it the first time I ever joined a site. And it's actually pretty simple. It's just the log in sign in the top right hand corner! Very Happy Okay that sounds really simple, and you might ask why I had trouble but alot of people I spoke to afterwards have agreed they had difficulty Razz

2. Signatures! These are things that appear at the bottom of posts. (I don't have one or a celebrity at the moment so I can't give much help.) At the moment Sirius/Louis is going on a bit of a mad signature making spree, and I'm sure he would be really happy to make you one. Here are some examples of signatures:

What to Do Next Louis-2
Basically, everytime you post it will leave a pretty little graphic at the bottom which not only looks nice but really makes it your character rather than just a celebrity, if you know what I mean? Lots of people are into making signatures, so if you post here, someone should get back to you! Very Happy

3. Birthdays are a big think on Mango (the site's nickname, long story), so if you click the profile tab at the top of the site, you can go and add your birthday in! If you don't fancy letting us know how old you are, don't worry, we'll respect that, but we do get pretty excited for people's birthdays, so if it is your birthday and the site looks uh, a little uh, different, don't panic, it's completely normal. Very Happy

I think that's everything, but if you have any more questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know by owling one of the admins, or by leaving them in reply to the questions thread
here. I might stop now because I'm running out of colours.
I hope this has been helpful to you and now joining an RPG for the first time seems a little bit less daunting! Very Happy Everyone here is friendly so if you still want help don't be afraid to poke your head on the chatbox or owl somebody. We're all really happy to help.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://orderoftime.forumotion.co.uk

What to Do Next
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order of Time :: Announcements :: Information-
Jump to: